httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq2] Apache::RequestRec::status overriden
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:29:11 GMT
Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:

[...]

> Perl is a dynamic language. We can have both - new API and 1.x
> compatibility, which can be chosen by the constructor at runtime.

Or at load-time/server-startup, so someone writing

   use APR::Request $some_Apache_Request_compatibility_flag;

could get the current 2.x Apache::Request module API
(with all the back-compat and @ISA kludges being collected
into that compatibilty layer, *instead* of being woven into
our core codebase).  That way the constructor calls within
an existing 2.x user's source code won't require any edits.

--
Joe Schaefer