httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: pass_through options
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 05:25:24 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> Please explain what the problem with META.yml and I'll look at it.

The problem with META.yml is that it is not implemented on CPAN outside
of the noindex field.  What I think that means is that the top-level
makefile must either be derived from Module::Build or ExtUtils::MakeMaker;
otherwise PAUSE will not understand our prereqs and provided modules.

Our current Makefile.PL is just a thin wrapper around the ./configure script.
I don't see how to make it work with the PAUSE indexer without rewriting
it.

> I can't see how is it going to help the problem I'm having. Can you
> please give more details?

Nope-  I confess my total ignorance.

> I see at least one more problem: the glue/perl/Makefile.PL is run once
> during the top-level Makefile.PL run, and then once more from ./configure.
> It's run with different arguments each time.

You shouldn't need to run ./configure *in addition* to running
perl Makefile.PL.  The Makefile.PL script execs it automatically,
and ./configure will execute the glue/perl/Makefile.PL script at
some point down the road.  If you'd like to change that behavior,
please post a patch before committing it so I can look it over.

--
Joe Schaefer