httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] privatizing apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:18:12 GMT
Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:

> On 2005/01/26 04:17, Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
>> Now let's try to remove apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t from the
>> multi-env branch.  My basic idea is to remove those public structs,
>> and to replace the current apreq_env_module_t accessors
> [...]
>
> looks like a good idea to me. This would also allow us to get rid of
> apreq_strtoval. For practical reasons, I'd rename "apreq_env_handle_t"
> to something simpler, maybe even "apreq_t"?

Let's hold off on renaming it for a bit.   The big other
advantage of this idea is that we can also drop apreq_env_read,
because all the environment really has to do is service the
param requests: fetch-one or fetch-all.  Thus, we can remove
all the apreq_env_read()-related crap that's running around,
and just let each module manage its IO internally.

--
Joe Schaefer