httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: pass_through options
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 05:49:29 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> That's not what I'm saying (and doing). What's I'm saying is:
>
> 1) the glue/perl/Makefile.PL is run once during the top-level
> Makefile.PL run,

I don't see this happening on my box:

  % /home/joe/perl/5.8.x/bin/perl Makefile.PL '--enable-perl-glue'
  '--with-apache2-apxs=/home/joe/httpd/trunk/worker/bin/apxs' '-enable-maintainer-mode'
  perl: 5.8.6 ok
  mod_perl: 1.9918 ok
  Apache::Test: 1.17 ok
  ExtUtils::MakeMaker: 6.17 ok
  ExtUtils::XSBuilder: 0.27 ok
  Test::More: 0.51 ok
  ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...

The glue/perl/Makefile.PL script isn't ever executed for me
until I type

    % make

beecause this is the way I set up glue/Makefile.am.  That's
also why the arguments you want are not going through to
glue/perl/Makefile.PL.  If you want to do it differently,
that's cool with me; but I get really annoyed with perl's
need to remove the Makefiles after a "% make clean" operation.
So I'd like to avoid that annoyance if it's possible.

--
Joe Schaefer