httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] privatizing apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:50:11 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> Max Kellermann <max@duempel.org> writes:

[...]

>> What is your exact idea of a change here?

Sorry, I forgot to answer directly: to remove
the read() attribute from apreq_env_module_t.
As you point out, different modules cannot
provide a consistent semantic for it, so it
shouldn't be part of the library's public API.

One case in point: how to we deal with the mfd
parser test then?  In that case, I think the
answer is that the "test" module needs to expose its
own (internal) read() function, and so we should
use the test module's env instead of a "custom"
module.

--
Joe Schaefer