httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [multi-env] privatizing apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:32:36 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
[...]
> OK, I've got most of the library itself reworked
> around this.  Lots of reference loops vanish
> when apreq_cookie.h and apreq_params.h lose
> their apreq_env.h dependency.
>
> Here's the new structs I'm trying to adopt (with apreq_jar_t
> and apreq_request_t obsoleted by apreq_env_handle_t). I plan
> to commit this to the multi-env branch (it'll be a giant-size
> commit) once I've got all the C tests passing again; hopefully
> sometime this weekend.

Joe, while you are reworking things, I want to ask why:

> } apreq_env_module_t;

I find the 'env' part very unintuitive. What mnemonic you have attached to
it? Any chance it can be something else than env? env is confusingly close
to environ stuff.

I mention that, since every time I was trying to figure out the perl xs
glue I was getting lost. Mainly due to that env thingy, since it didn't
make any sense to me.