httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Brian <br...@photoresearchers.com>
Subject Re: libapreq2 on RHEL3
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:29:10 GMT
VÁMOS Balázs wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Has any of you ever installed libapreq2 on a RedHat EL 3 successfully?

<snip>

 > I have a RedHat EL 3 with the latest packages:
 > mod_perl-1.99_09-10.ent
 > httpd-2.0.46-44.ent
 > httpd-devel-2.0.46-44.ent

I've done it.  That undefined reference occurs because the installed versions of
apr and apr-utils are too old.  I solved the problem by acquiring the latest
[supported] RPMs from the Red Hat Network and installing them:

apr-devel-0.9.4-2
apr-util-0.9.4-2
apr-util-devel-0.9.4-2
apr-0.9.4-2

Obviously some of the files installed by these RPMs will conflict with files
from the httpd packages, so you have to run rpm with the '--replacefiles'
option.  Everything then runs/installs without errors.  It's not the best
solution; ideally you'd have a custom install of apache httpd and apr, not to
mention mod_perl, but if you're happy running the RHEL supported versions (as
best you can, and this probably violates your support contract somehow,
technically) then that should work.

Also, you'll hit that conflict again when Red Hat provides an update to the
httpd packages (say, if you use up2date), at which point you'll have to do a
download-only for the httpd packages, install them manually with rpm and
'--replacefiles', and then install the apr and apr-util packages again.  Of
course, this hopefully won't be a problem with RHEL 4.

Cheers,

Brian Carp