httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: pass_through options
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:02:22 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

> [...]
>

>>That's not what I'm saying (and doing). What's I'm saying is:
>>
>>1) the glue/perl/Makefile.PL is run once during the top-level
>>Makefile.PL run,
>

> I don't see this happening on my box:
>
>   % /home/joe/perl/5.8.x/bin/perl Makefile.PL '--enable-perl-glue'
>   '--with-apache2-apxs=/home/joe/httpd/trunk/worker/bin/apxs' '-enable-maintainer-mode'
>   perl: 5.8.6 ok
>   mod_perl: 1.9918 ok
>   Apache::Test: 1.17 ok
>   ExtUtils::MakeMaker: 6.17 ok
>   ExtUtils::XSBuilder: 0.27 ok
>   Test::More: 0.51 ok
>   ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...
>
> The glue/perl/Makefile.PL script isn't ever executed for me
> until I type
>
>     % make

How are you going to see from the console log if it's executed or not? I
see that glue/perl/t/TEST is written twice.

> beecause this is the way I set up glue/Makefile.am.  That's
> also why the arguments you want are not going through to
> glue/perl/Makefile.PL.  If you want to do it differently,
> that's cool with me; but I get really annoyed with perl's
> need to remove the Makefiles after a "% make clean" operation.
> So I'd like to avoid that annoyance if it's possible.

I don't have any suggestions to do it differently, just asking how to pass
the extra arguments.

Is it possible for ./configure not to touch glue/perl? and instead call
WriteMakefile() after ./configure was run?