httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: pass_through options
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 05:03:06 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>I see that the top-level Makefile.PL picks only certain opts and
>>ignores the rest. How can I pass other options (w/o hardcoding them?
>>e.g. any of t/TEST --help opts should be passable)
>

> The top level Makefile.PL needs to be completely redesigned
> around MakeMaker (or ModPerl::MakeMaker), because the META.yml
> concept is now known to be defective.  I don't know how to do
> that just yet, but if you have any ideas feel free to share
> them.

Please explain what the problem with META.yml and I'll look at it.

I can't see how is it going to help the problem I'm having. Can you please
give more details?

I see at least one more problem: the glue/perl/Makefile.PL is run once
during the top-level Makefile.PL run, and then once more from ./configure.
It's run with different arguments each time.