httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Max Kellermann <...@duempel.org>
Subject Re: [multi-env] privatizing apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:20:26 GMT
On 2005/01/26 04:17, Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
> Now let's try to remove apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t from the
> multi-env branch.  My basic idea is to remove those public structs,
> and to replace the current apreq_env_module_t accessors
[...]

looks like a good idea to me. This would also allow us to get rid of
apreq_strtoval. For practical reasons, I'd rename "apreq_env_handle_t"
to something simpler, maybe even "apreq_t"?

> The downside is that some Apache::Request users will still
> want to modify those tables (not just fields within the
> individual table entries), so we might need to include
> the missing add|set|delete table operations for each
> (jar,args,body. Otherwise we let each env module decide
> to support (or not) the missing functionality through its
> own API.

Why would they want? Just backwards compatibility?

Maybe we should implement that in the perl glue then, without having
to modify the C API?

I'd prefer not to bloat the env API.

Max