httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [multi-env] privatizing apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:39:31 GMT
Quoting Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com>:

> I don't follow.  mod_apreq has a prefetch mode, but you aren't
> obligated to use it.  Response handlers written for libapreq2
> should just call ap_discard_request_body and use our APIs instead.

Just out of curiosity... In the currently released code, 2.04, is this a
requirement as well (to call ap_discard_request_body())? The loop for reading
from input filters, which looks something like this:

while((status=ap_get_brigade(r->input_filters,brigade,
                             AP_MODE_READBYTES,APR_BLOCK_READ,
                             HUGE_STRING_LEN))!=APR_SUCCESS)
    ; /* nothing */

Should actually do the work that ap_discard_request_body() does, right? More or
less, I mean.

Or is using ap_discard_request_body() the proper way to do things in all cases?

--
Bojan