httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [apreq2] Crash during env test startup on Win32
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:42:03 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:
>>Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>>Somehow your local mod_apreq might be linking against another
>>>libapreq2, which could explain the req corruption.
>>
>>It's linking against the old installed libapreq2.dll. I'm not sure
>>why, I don't think it used to do that before.
>
> IIRC Randy fixed this in the Win32 build a long time ago.

Hm, how did he do that? The DLL search order in WinXP SP1 and newer is

    1. Directory from which app loaded (executable directory)
    2. System directory
    3. 16-bit system directory
    4. Windows directory
    5. Current directory
    6. Directories listed in the PATH environment variable

So no matter what PATH says, the old apache2\bin\libapreq2.dll in the
executable directory should be found first. Maybe that always happened and
we only didn't notice it because it didn't crash by chance?

There's a recent related change by Randy in
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd/apreq/trunk/win32/Configure.pl?rev=109456&r1=106601&r2=109456
but that should't make a difference in this case?