httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq 1.33 (mp1)
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:12:57 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>Please test this package: http://apache.org/~stas/libapreq-1.33.tar.gz
>>(Apache::Request for mod_perl 1.x) and report any problems here.
>

> Builds fine for me on debian woody.  However the CPAN
> dependencies for Apache::Test (a listed prereq) are
> currently b0rked, because CPAN thinks mod_perl-2.0.0-RC1
> provides it:
>
>   % perl -MCPAN -e shell
>   i /Apache::Test/
>   Module          Apache::Test    (G/GO/GOZER/mod_perl-2.0.0-RC1.tar.gz)

*Sigh* This is another PAUSE issue. PAUSE needs to read META.yaml in both
packages (mod_perl-2.0.0-RC1.tar.gz and Apache-Test-1.18.tar.gz) and see
that Apache-Test is the real package and index it and not the one coming
bundled with mp2. This was discussed on p5p but I'm not sure if was
implemented (I could be wrong). Anybody knows who is in charge of
META.yaml spec nowadays and where is the latest version? and whether PAUSE
supports the new feature?

If it is implemented already, then it's our *bug* and we just need to
release Apache-Test with a correct META.yaml.