httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Installing libapreq on OSX10.3.6
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:07:32 GMT
Patrick Higgins wrote:
> OK, I reinstalled apache+mod-perl with the same results.
>
> I also realized that my @INC paths are correct.
>
> My httpd.h and other apache headers can be found:
> /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Apache/include/ include
>
> So I noticed that in the error output during the make it
> was looking for all those header files. I looked at apache-request.h
> and found that there was a series of #includes "httpd.h" like  statements.
> It not looking in the right place for the header files. So in a  desperate
> attempt I changed those paths to point to the path above.
>
> That along with moving a couple os.h files into that path
> the I did this:
>
>  >make
> cc -c
> -I/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Apache/
> include
> -I/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Apache/
> include/modules/perl -g -pipe -pipe -fno-common -DPERL_DARWIN

now that looks much better. Was those -I path produced automatically or
did you add those?

> -no-cpp-precomp -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -Os
> -DVERSION=\"\" -DXS_VERSION=\"\"
> "-I/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE"
> apache_request.c
> {standard input}:unknown:FATAL:can't create output file:  apache_request.o
> make[1]: *** [apache_request.o] Error 1
> make: *** [subdirs] Error 2
>
> kinda at a loss here.

Bizarre. can't create a file? Do you have perms problems, or did you run
out of disk space?

can you do:

   touch patrick.tmp

> I'll go for it some more tomorrow, but without some real epiphany
> I am not sure how to proceed.
>
> Thanks for all your attempts! I have learned a lot!! but not quite
> enough : ) Not giving up yet...

Also take a look at the those URLs I've quoted earlier and try and devel
version (if you don't manage to get svn let me know I'll send you a tarball).