httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Installing libapreq on OSX10.3.6
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 04:46:23 GMT
Patrick Higgins wrote:
>> Yes, httpd.conf and other Apache headers are installed by modperl
>> into  @INC.
>>
>> For example I have httpd.h and other Apache headers in:
>> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-perlio/auto/
>> Apache/include/include/
>>
>> and my @INC for that perl is:
>> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/5.6.1/i686-linux-perlio
>> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/5.6.1
>> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-perlio
>> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1
>> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/site_perl
>> .
>> So I'd suggest to go and clean all your perl paths from old modperl
>> installs (as you have at least 2)
>>
>> foreach @INC
>>   find $path | xargs rm -rf Apache
>>   find $path | xargs rm -rf mod_perl.pm
>>
>> which will do more or less the work. the install the new modperl and
>> not the 'make install' log where it'll report where it installs the
>> apache headers (save it to a file and grep for httpd.h).
>

> Ok, I sort of get it... : o
>
> Sounds like fixing the paths will do it and I don't need
> to reinstall apache and mod_perl? But I am unclear by
> your explaination how to do it.
>
> The code above looks like a shell script that will delete
> apache and mod_perl.pm found in all the path stored in
> @INC. Am I reading that right? Should I create a file
> and just run it?
>
> As you can tell I am not unix master, so please bear
> with me... : )
>
> Can you explain a little more about what I need to
> do to fix the paths?

Well, I was suggesting that you clean up your old installations of modperl
before you make a fresh new one. I wrote a pseudo code for doing the
cleanup. I can't give you an exact one w/o knowing what shell you are
using. Of course one could write a script or even better use perl :)

#!/usr/bin/perl

for my $path (@INC) {
    qx[find $path | xargs rm -rf Apache];
    qx[find $path | xargs rm mod_perl.pm];
}

#!/usr/bin/perl
for my $path (@INC) {
    qx[find $path | xargs rm -rf Apache];
    qx[find $path | xargs rm mod_perl.pm];
}

but find should be there, so try:

to list the Apache files:

#!perl
for my $path (@INC) {
    system(qq[find /usr/lib/perl5 -type d -name "Apache" -exec ls {} \\;])
}

to delete:

#!perl
for my $path (@INC) {
    system(qq[find /usr/lib/perl5 -type d -name "Apache" -exec rm -rf {} \\;])
    system(qq[find /usr/lib/perl5 -type f -name "mod_perl.pm" -exec rm {}
\\;])
}

Again, this will delete mod_perl (and any other Apache/foo files recursively).

> Thanks Stas, I owe you one man! e me your address
> so I can send you a holiday present for your way cool
> help.

Thanks, but you still didn't move a single step towards getting your
problem resolved. Too early for presents :)

But hey look what I've found:

http://libapreq-perl.darwinports.com/

and this, but here David had no problem installing libapreq.
http://www.justatheory.com/computers/os/macosx/my_adventures.html

Hope this helps.