httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Installing libapreq on OSX10.3.6
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 04:26:09 GMT
[please don't forget to CC the list so this issue is archived]

>> Here is the deal, when you install modperl it installs Apache header
>> files under the perl tree, which libapreq then searches via
>> c/Makefile's INC variable. So if you don't have modperl installed
>> that's your problem. If it is installed try to find httpd.h in perl's
>> @INC.
>

> I installed it last week and I thought it was ok.
>
> I wrote a simple perl script to output that @INC array
> and this is what it generated.

'perl -V' does it too :)

> Nothing about mod-perl
> in there. Hmmm??
>
> /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
> /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1
> /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
> /Library/Perl/5.8.1
> /Library/Perl
> /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
> /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.1
> /Network/Library/Perl
> .

of course, it's inside on of those dirs.

see if you have httpd.conf and mod_perl.pm in those directories.

>> If you don't have modperl installed, then don't use 'perl Makefile.PL'...
>

> I am setting this machine up to start working in mason,
> and I am pretty sure in needs mod-perl. I'll check. If not
> then can I do without? Anyway, sounds like maybe I should
> reinstall Apache and mod-perl? Is that what your thinking?

That's a good idea - may be your install is borked. Try it, but if it
doesn't work, see if you can find httpd.conf and mod_perl.pm inside the
dirs from @INC.