httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Higgins <pat...@cybermesa.com>
Subject Re: Installing libapreq on OSX10.3.6
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:34:52 GMT
> Yes, httpd.conf and other Apache headers are installed by modperl into
> @INC.
>
> For example I have httpd.h and other Apache headers in:
> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-perlio/auto/
> Apache/include/include/
>
> and my @INC for that perl is:
> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/5.6.1/i686-linux-perlio
> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/5.6.1
> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux-perlio
> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1
> /home/stas/perl/5.6.1/lib/site_perl
> .
> So I'd suggest to go and clean all your perl paths from old modperl
> installs (as you have at least 2)
>
> foreach @INC
>   find $path | xargs rm -rf Apache
>   find $path | xargs rm -rf mod_perl.pm
>
> which will do more or less the work. the install the new modperl and
> not the 'make install' log where it'll report where it installs the
> apache headers (save it to a file and grep for httpd.h).

Ok, I sort of get it... : o

Sounds like fixing the paths will do it and I don't need
to reinstall apache and mod_perl? But I am unclear by
your explaination how to do it.

The code above looks like a shell script that will delete
apache and mod_perl.pm found in all the path stored in
@INC. Am I reading that right? Should I create a file
and just run it?

As you can tell I am not unix master, so please bear
with me... : )

Can you explain a little more about what I need to
do to fix the paths?

Thanks Stas, I owe you one man! e me your address
so I can send you a holiday present for your way cool
help.

Patrick