httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Zentner <...@2bz.de>
Subject Re: Apache::Request, APR::Table and UTF8
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:15:09 GMT

Am 06.10.2004 um 00:56 schrieb Stas Bekman:

> Boris Zentner wrote:
>> Hi,

> So once these flags are there, it's a total user's responsibility to
> do the right thing, correct?. I was just wondering whether we should

I think, the user can act on the information, but the perlglue in
Apache::Request especial any set and get function set or clears the
perlutf8 flag. Which is off by default, but if Perl puts something into
the table the flag may be set and delivered back by get.

In my opinion Apache::Table has to do this, but for my purpose it is
enough if Apache::Request do it.

For Apache::Table I do not know how to handle the merge compress and
overlap functions with different charsets.

> do that in the APR::Table instead, if it's going to serve other
> purposes. Of course if this is only really important for
> Apache::Request, then that's probably the best place to do that.
>
> Of course users can store the string with the flag by themselves, by
> simply storing: "$flag" . "string" and get it back as they have stored
> it.
>

> --

Boris