httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Apache::Request, APR::Table and UTF8
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:49:11 GMT
On Oct 8, 2004, at 1:40 AM, Boris Zentner wrote:

> I agree with everything in this mail. I swallow/delay my suggestions
> on the charset issue, since people confuses it with the utf8 issue to
> much.

I think what we need comes down to this: Where it makes sense for a
Perl module to store Perl values and return them to a client, it should
preserve the flags on those Perl variables as much as possible. Flags
include "ut8" and "taint". Where it doesn't make sense (because the
underlying implementation isn't designed to support anything other than
simple ASCII strings, for example), it shouldn't.

N'est pas?

Regards,

David