httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: libapreq-1.3 Build Error
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:48:04 GMT
Eric Martin wrote:
[...]
> In file included from Request.xs:1:
> ../c/apache_request.h:63:1: warning: this is the location of the
> previous definition
> Request.xs: In function `upload_hook':
> Request.xs:225: parse error before "fwrite"
> Request.xs: In function `XS_Apache__Upload_fh':
> Request.xs:525: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `Request.o'
> Current working directory /.cpan/build/libapreq-1.3/Request
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'
>
> The make seems to fail in Request.xs.  I can make Apache::Cookie by
> itself without error, just Apache::Request appears to fail at this
> point.  Here is 'perl -V' for my environment:
>
> Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 0) configuration:

Not promising you that the problem will go away, but 5.6.0 is buggy as
hell, so I won't be surprised if that has something to do with the
problem. In either case you don't want to use that version. 5.6.1 or
higher is the preferred choice.

But normally this kind of problems happens when your install of Apache,
perl or mod_perl is incomplete or messed up (usually the case when someone
installed precompiled binary packages and not building them on the machine
where they need to run).