httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject High overhead of apreq2 under CGI
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:49:03 GMT
A while ago I've added Apache::Request support to my forum while it's
running under plain CGI. Later I did a bit of benchmarking and found out
that a simple GET request without any parameters to parse was taking 140ms
instead of 120ms, which was the running time using a pure Perl parser
(stripped-down version of CGI::Minimal). Even PP could parse a lot of
parameters in those 20ms.

This isn't really vital to me, since nobody except me would be using that
combination anyway, but just out of interest, are 20ms of overhead expected
for the loading of an XS module or something like that, or might there be a
problem?