httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Apache::Request, APR::Table and UTF8
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:50:09 GMT

> A simple form of UTF-8 support in Apache::Request that I wouldn't mind
> would be a flag "DECODE_UTF8 => 1", that when passed to new() would
> cause Apache::Request to call utf8::decode on the returned string every
> time param(), body() etc. is called, but would leave the original
> data/tables alone. That might be convenient when writing small handlers
> that don't warrant a library with wrapper functions etc.

this sounds like a libapreq-1.XX wrapper that my coauthor paul wrote - IIRC
he said he was using pretty much the exact same thing at critical path at
the time.

  # the wrappers themselves
  http://www.modperlcookbook.org/code/ch10/Cookbook/TransformRequest.pm
  http://www.modperlcookbook.org/code/ch10/Cookbook/UTF8Request.pm

  # sample usage
  http://www.modperlcookbook.org/code/ch10/Cookbook/Japanese.pm

I'm not sure how portable this is to libapreq2, but it can't be that far
off.  it also was quite a few years ago at this point, so you might want to
do something more clever now :)

--Geoff