httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache::Request, APR::Table and UTF8
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:56:47 GMT
Boris Zentner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 05.10.2004 um 18:34 schrieb David Wheeler:
>
>> On Oct 5, 2004, at 9:20 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>> We could use three-bit field for marking the charset:
>>>
>>>   0 - unknown
>>>   1 - ASCII
>>>   2 - UTF-8
>>>   3 - UTF-16
>>>   [ room for 4 more iso? charsets ]

So once these flags are there, it's a total user's responsibility to do
the right thing, correct?. I was just wondering whether we should do that
in the APR::Table instead, if it's going to serve other purposes. Of
course if this is only really important for Apache::Request, then that's
probably the best place to do that.

Of course users can store the string with the flag by themselves, by
simply storing: "$flag" . "string" and get it back as they have stored it.