httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Apache::Request, APR::Table and UTF8
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:48:09 GMT

> We store params in a C struct that's
> currently devoid of any charset information.  Boris wants to mark
> certain params as being utf8, so when a later Apache::Request module
> fetches them, they'll be returned from param() as utf8 strings instead
> of byte strings (iow, param will set the "utf8" flag for them).

not to be the only one in the class that isn't able to follow along, but
does calling Encode::_utf8_on() from userland not work?

I guess I'm still trying to reconcile how this is not a user-space problem -
I would think that the various functions in Encode.pm and utf8.pm would be
sufficient most of this stuff.

--Geoff