httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Zentner <...@2bz.de>
Subject Re: test failed for libapreq2-2.04_03 on macos x
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2004 15:42:11 GMT

Hi,

Am 04.09.2004 um 17:01 schrieb Joe Schaefer:

> Boris Zentner <bzm@2bz.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I just installed perl 5.8.4 + apache2 2.0.50  + mod_perl 1.99_16 and
>> libapreq2-2.04_03 on os x.
>>
>> All tests for mod_perl worked fine.
>> But for libapreq2 all cgi.t tests fail.
>
> Exactly which cgi.t tests?  There are two sets (one in env/t, the other
> in glue/perl/t/apreq).  Do the other tests all pass?

Yes, all other tests pass. Currently I rebuild everything apache,
mod_perl and libapreq, so I can not  say for sure witch one fail, but
it is the test after request_big or similar.

>> It tried to build apache with and without ssl and libapreq2 as DSO
>> and as
>> static module inside apache.
>
> I don't think the tests work very well for static builds of libapreq,
> so
> stick to DSO for running the tests.

I have tested it as DSO and as static.

>> Every-time with the same result, all cgi.t tests fail.
>
> [...]
>
>> a backtrace in gdb shows this:
>>
>> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
>> 0x002ebf90 in apreq_xs_request_get ()
>>
>> #0  0x002ebf90 in apreq_xs_request_get ()
>> #1  0x0136c6d0 in Perl_pp_entersub ()
>> #2  0x0136503c in Perl_runops_standard ()
>> #3  0x01311dc4 in Perl_call_sv ()
>> #4  0x004535a8 in modperl_callback ()
>
> The cgi.t tests use libapreq2 in a separate process from the server.
> But this backtrace is from a server segfault.  We need more info
> regarding the particular test (in glue/perl/t/apreq) that this
> backtrace represents.

If I install libapreq2 ignoring the error I get the backtraced errors
too.
More info later, a G4 is really slow compared with current P4.

--
Boris