httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Marcin Kasperski <Marcin.Kasper...@softax.com.pl>
Subject (bugreport) Apache::Request fails to process parameters containing null character
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:48:41 GMT
(I send this report here as it seems to me the best place to
report bug in Apache::Request, if there is any other, please let
me know.)

Short story (tested on libapreq-1.3 - I am still on modperl1):

- do http GET on URL like
     http://my.machine/my/url?par=%07%CCg%E8%2F%00r%FA%BF
(the point is in %00 embedded in parameter value)

- when you access the 'par' parameter via Apache::Request from
whithin modperl script, it is trimmed on this null character
   my $apr = Apache::Request->new($r);
   my $val = $apr->param('par');
   print length($val);
       # prints 5 although should print 9

At the same time URI::Escape unescape function handles such param
properly.

PS For curious: of course such url was not sent by the browser.
But it happens in real production case in some webservices
program-to-program interaction.