httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: The finale: Passing parsed info in apreq_req to a subrequest...
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:03:13 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:

[...]

> mod_apreq was designed to let the content handler make this decision.
> The server probably needs some way for modules like mod_include to
> notify the default handler that it's ok to leave the input_filters
> unread, because someone else will take care of that later on.
> Unfortunately I don't have any concrete suggestions here, so
> hopefully you'll come up with something nifty.

Here's an ambitious thought in a different direction:
Develop a new bucket type for apreq_param_t, and have
its read() method reserialize the param.  If this were
done, you could easily dump the parsed req->body data
back into the subrequest's input filter stream without
asking the default handler to do anything special.

--
Joe Schaefer