httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.04_03-dev release candidate
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:31:33 GMT
Bojan Smojver <bojan@rexursive.com> writes:

> Just a question related to versioning. The RC2 was called
> 2.04-dev-rc2, where this one is 2.04_03-dev. Is this on purpose
> (i.e. a new naming convention)?

CPAN requires the version component of a developer tarball
to include a '_' character.  We've been doing this munging
ever since 2.01, but this will thankfully be the last time.
See the RELEASE document in cvs for details on the process.

> What is the actually released one going to be called?

The tarball will be released as libapreq2-2.04_03-dev.tar.gz,
but it's going to be formally called the 2.04-dev release.

> I'm trying to determine all this for the RPM spec file. The version of
> the RPM should contain all the information it can (e.g. _dev_rc2),

I recommend not including release candidate data in the spec file.
Is it possible to just remove the "_03" from the tarball's name
before building the rpm?

--
Joe Schaefer