httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Problem use Apache::Upload
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:06:15 GMT
Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > That looks like memory corruption, not a parser failure.  I see
> > your problem now- see if this patch fixes it:
>
> Yes, it seems to be fixed, thanks.
>
> On Windows I couldn't reproduce the problem anymore today, even
> without the patch, but I guess that's the nature of memory
> corruption issues.

Right- it's a very hard bug to tickle out.  What was
happening is this: when the param's headers fall on a
separate brigade from the param's value, the transient
bucket that was holding the param name gets setaside,
which morphs it into a pool bucket (and, undesirably,
copies the bucket's data).  Once that bucket is
destroyed by the parser, the copied bucket data
(which now represents the param's name) is reclaimed.

The correct fix is to use immortal buckets in place of
the transient buckets in the mfd parser.  I've committed
the change now.

--
Joe Schaefer