httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Problem use Apache::Upload
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 19:55:39 GMT
Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > It's basically a lower-level description of what the RequestIO
> > docs mean by
> >   "This helper routine tests for and reads any message body in the
> > request, simply discarding whatever it receives."
>
> Well, to me that sounds more like the mp1 behaviour, where it really
> completely discards the request body so that apreq can't access the
> data anymore.

In mp1, Apache::Request takes the data away from the content-handler.
In mp2, it leaves the data alone.  That's why you can/should discard
it in your mp2 content-handler, but not in your mp1 handler.

> >>I just want to make sure, because I'm getting upload errors with
> >> files of a specific size that I'm not getting without
> >> discard_request_body(). If the code should make sense, I'll post
> >> details about that.
> > Please do.
>
> This won't be easy to reproduce.

[...]

OK, could you show us some status codes for the failed request?
Foe example, what do these report?

  $req->parse
  $req->body_status

and set your LogLevel to Debug, so we can see what mod_apreq
and the mfd parser are doing.
--
Joe Schaefer