httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Recall of input filter module on completion of output filter processing for a request???
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:53:15 GMT
"Anthony Wells" <awells@cd-crafters.com> writes:

> Further examination found that the input filter was being called again
> near completion of the output filter for the request when the request
> was GET but not if the request was POST!

[...]

> Does anyone out there know why this is happening?  I've corrected for
> this problem by removing the input filter if the request is not POST.

The default handler always calls ap_discard_request_body, even for
GET requests, which is perfectly normal.  I assume you're also
using mod_apreq (otherwise your post doesn't belong on this list).
Any input filters upstream of mod_apreq's filter may get carried
onto the subrequest's filter chain, depending on how mod_apreq is
used.

Some combination of the above facts is probably what's causing your
filter to occasionally segfault.

--
Joe Schaefer