httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: libapreq2-2.04-dev release candidate #2
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:54:15 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>>> Right on, Joe
>>>
>>>        const char *tmpdir = apreq_env_temp_dir(env, NULL);
>>>
>>> returns NULL.
>>

>> NULL should be an ok value- what it means to apreq_file_mktemp is:
>> the user never gave me a specific directory, so ask the OS via
>> apr_temp_dir_get.  Maybe *that* function is failing to find a valid
>> directory on your box?
>

> Looks like. I wonder why. I'll try to step through with the debugger.

I've figured it out

/home/stas/httpd/prefork/lib/libapr-0.so.0 was a symlink to an old
library. And 'make install' in httpd-2.0 wasn't updating the symlink. Once
I've nuked all libapr* and installed them from fresh, everything is
working fine. Sounds like a bug in apr installation system.

The only remaining problem now:

pod2test docs/Cookie.pod docs/Cookie.t
make[1]: pod2test: Command not found
make[1]: *** [docs/Cookie.t] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl'
make: *** [perl_test] Error 2

(but it's not in the distribution, the distro works fine).