httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: plans for 2.04-dev
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:22:57 GMT
Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Quoting Bojan Smojver <bojan@rexursive.com>:
>

>>Once I install that, I'm back to building libapreq2 RPMs. We'll see how that
>>goes...
>

> A question in relation to this for all Red Hat/Fedora/Perl folk out there...
> Once I've built the module (mod_perl), I attempted to install, which came out
> with missing dependencies, namely perl(Carp::Heavy), perl(Data::Flow) and
> perl(Module::Build). I can see Carp::Heavy inside Perl RPM and cpan script
> claims it's part of Perl (which seems to make sense). The other two I fetched
> from CPAN and they installed OK, but the dependency problem is still there. I'm
> guessing the problem is actually FC2 RPM and it's "provides" list, right? Or is
> there something more sinister at work?

No, there are all not required modules. Module::Build is used by
Apache::Test, if you are using Apache::TestMB (which is not used by
mod_perl). Data::Flow is used only by developers of mod_perl 2.0. You
should look for the Makefile.PL requirements, not any use()/require()
statements you can see in the distribution.