httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Brian <br...@photoresearchers.com>
Subject shared objects across handlers
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:21:52 GMT
Quick question: is the initialization of new Apache::Request or Apache::Cookie
objects (parsing, etc.) expensive (or alternatively, cached) such that
successive calls to new() between multiple modperl handlers for a single request
would be discouraged?  In other words, if you have multiple handlers operating
on a given request that use cookie or query parameters, is it better to create a
new object within each handler or to create it once and attempt to share it
between handlers (for example, using $r->pnotes())?

The answer probably should be more obvious (or perhaps it's documented
somewhere), but I wasn't convinced so I figured I'd poll the dev list.

--Brian