httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.04_03-dev release candidate
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:51:29 GMT
Quoting Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com>:

> > I'm trying to determine all this for the RPM spec file. The version of
> > the RPM should contain all the information it can (e.g. _dev_rc2),
>
> I recommend not including release candidate data in the spec file.
> Is it possible to just remove the "_03" from the tarball's name
> before building the rpm?

Actually, the easiest way to do this is to keep two version numbers inside the
spec file. One actual (as released by you) and one RPM specific (produced by
some sed-ing). This enables the script to be quickly adopted for new versions,
without the need to rename anything and with the ability to reference
externally avaliable tarballs. If the name of the tarball does not match, there
could errors when its being fetched.

RPMs cannot have dashes in version numbers, so this one will have to be called
2.04_dev, rather than 2.04-dev. Hope that's cool. I'll just use RPM versioning
of releases to compensate for RC or any other version number that may exist.
So, this one will be:

libapreq2-2.04_dev-2.3.src.rpm
                   ^ ^
                   | |