httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.04_03-dev release candidate
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 02:01:17 GMT
Just a question related to versioning. The RC2 was called 2.04-dev-rc2, where
this one is 2.04_03-dev. Is this on purpose (i.e. a new naming convention)?
What is the actually released one going to be called?

I'm trying to determine all this for the RPM spec file. The version of the RPM
should contain all the information it can (e.g. _dev_rc2), but the tarball
expands to -dev directory in all cases, so there must be an algorithm in place
to convert one to the other within the spec file. It is always good to know the
convention so that the spec file does not have to be changed from release to
release.

--
Bojan