httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Stefanov <r...@videotron.ca>
Subject RE: The finale: Passing parsed info in apreq_req to a subrequest...
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:45:35 GMT
How do I get off this mailing list please? ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Joe Schaefer
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 6:40 PM
To: apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: The finale: Passing parsed info in apreq_req to a subrequest...

"Anthony Wells" <awells@cd-crafters.com> writes:

[...]

> Further down the line in handle_include, a subrequest is created
> 	rr = ap_sub_req_lookup_uri(parsed_string, r, f->next);
> where parsed_string is the name of the file to be served.
>
> Next, the request is run with:
> 	ap_run_sub_req(rr);

Ok, now I see what you're trying to do.  The problem you have
to deal with is in the default handler, because the default
handler throws the input data away during ap_discard_request_body.

> At least one of the subrequests is for a JSP page which would very much
like
> to get it's hands on the POST data.
>
> The problem is, the POST data isn't available :(

Right- by the time mod_include's output filter is executed, the raw
post data is already gone (the parse data in apreq_request is still
available though).  So you can't hand it off to the subrequest.

mod_apreq was designed to let the content handler make this decision.
The server probably needs some way for modules like mod_include to
notify the default handler that it's ok to leave the input_filters
unread, because someone else will take care of that later on.
Unfortunately I don't have any concrete suggestions here, so
hopefully you'll come up with something nifty.

--
Joe Schaefer