httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Trying to test current apreq2 CVS
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:14:36 GMT
> Now committed.  The main user-visible difference
> is that the TIEHANDLE implementation isn't seekable.
> It treats the bucket brigade as a stream, not a file,
> and throws away buckets once their data has been
> transferred into an SV. (The underlying apreq_param_t
> brigade is unaffected, since this the TIEHANDLE
> implementation uses its own internal copy).

> All tests should pass now.

Tests do pass on Linux.

Well, some of the ways I've used apreq1's $upload->fh (e.g. with
Image::Info) involved seeking. But if a fully functional $upload->fh isn't
feasible with the buckets, and as long as $upload->tempname works, I can
live with that.

BTW, Image::Info expected a passed filehandle to be a reference, if it's a
*Apache::Upload::FH typeglob (?) as now, it's wrongly treated as a filename.
In apreq1 it's a Apache::Upload=GLOB() ref. Maybe this is Image::Info's
problem, or maybe other modules work the same and it couldn't hurt to turn
it into a ref in apreq2, too, I don't know. Passing \$upload->fh seems to
work, at least until the point where it complains about the missing SEEK.

I'd test on WinXP, too, but I can't get MP2 CVS to compile right now. While
linking Base64.dll it's stumbling over the aprext.lib dummy lib:

C:\A\modperl-2.0\blib\arch\Apache2\auto\aprext\aprext.lib : fatal error
LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file