httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] $upload->tempname on Win32
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:08:42 GMT
>> +        open my $fh, "<:APR", $upload->tempname, $p or die $!;

> The difficult request.t tests will still pass, and users
> will get a seekable filehandle just like the one from apreq1.

How many people will really get a seekable APR::PerlIO handle? My SuSE 9.0
box is a run-of-the-mill Linux system, and those handles are not seekable
because Perl by default compiles with largefile support and APR doesn't.

"[Sun Jul 04 18:57:14 2004] [error] PerlIO::APR::seek with non-zero offsetis
not supported with Perl built w/ -Duselargefiles and APR w/o largefiles
support"

And, as Stas confirmed, it's Perl 5.8 only. Not that I care much about 5.6
personally.