httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: separate pod files for Apache:: packages
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:02:14 GMT
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Should each package should have its own podfile?  The
> current package list is (omitting Apache:: prefix):
>
>   Request
>   Request::Table
>   Request::Error
>
>   Upload
>   Upload::Table
>   Upload::Brigade
>   Upload::Error
>
>   Cookie
>   Cookie::Table
>   Cookie::Jar
>   Cookie::Error
>

> Currently we have 3 podfiles, one for each module.
> There are 11 packages we need to document (albeit
> all the ::Table docs would be more-or-less identical,
> as would the ::Error docs).
>
> Any thoughts on what we should do about this?  FWIW
> I would love to see us adopt a system where the
> doc files included their own API tests, and our
> Apache::Test tests verified those, but I don't
> have the skills necessary to pull that off myself.
>
> Any takers?

I suppose it's worth it, from a user's perspective,
to include the almost-duplicated ::Table and ::Error
docs. Were you thinking of splitting it up into 11
separate files, one for each package?

As for the doc files including their own tests, would this
be something like what's done in the Test-Inline package,
which extracts tests from the pod section of a module? From
a quick reading this requires Test::More, which I seem to
remember (Geoff?) requires some massaging in Apache-Test to
work?

--
best regards,
randy