httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] magic of type \\126
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:37:59 GMT
On Sun, 12 Jul 2004, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Unfortunately, on my perl-5.8.4, with this commented out,
> > all the request.pm tests still fail, with the message of use
> > of an uninitialized value in subroutine entry at line 64 in
> > Apache/Request.pm.
>
> To debug this (sorry I can't reproduce it here yet),
> you might want to look at what's showing up in request.pm's
> $temp_dir variable:
>
>     my $temp_dir = $r->server->server_root_relative('logs');
>     my $req = Apache::Request->new($r, POST_MAX => 1_000_000,
>                                        TEMP_DIR => $temp_dir);
>

> I suspect $temp_dir is an undef for you; don't know why tho.

Sorry about this - it was a problem on my end. I was using a
mod_perl.lib compiled with perl-5.8.0 - I thought it was
compatible with 5.8.4, but I guess there's some difference.
Anyway, after installing the 5.8.4 lib, you're right that
all the request.pm tests pass except for the last one, and
   values test failed: 'disable_uploads:bar1:bar1"
appears in the error log.

--
best regards,
randy