httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] $upload->tempname on Win32
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:26:40 GMT
Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:

[...]

> Would it be possible to delete the tempfile in a cleanup handler
> instead of relying on flags like FILE_FLAG_DELETE_ON_CLOSE and Unix
> filesystem behaviour?

Seems unlikely that'll improve anything.  The tempfile
is closed by a pool cleanup handler, and the OS subsequently
unlinks it *then* because of the flags apreq_mktemp() sets when
the file was first created/opened.  I don't see anything
particularly Unix-specific about this situation; we're simply
relying on apr to provide the C portability, and mp2 to provide
access to it from perl.

>From the discussion so far, I'll once again point out that
everyone seems to be able to open $upload->tempname using
either "<" or "<:APR".  The associated issues need to be
documented (I'm certainly _not_ volunteering for that),
and if there's a way to make the decision programatically,
let's please include that in our fh() implementation so our
users don't have to worry about making the right choice.

--
Joe Schaefer