httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] $upload->tempname on Win32
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:24:44 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+gmane@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> [...]
>
> > Do you know which file in apr I should be looking at?
>
> Never mind, I found it- the relevant files are
> apr/apr_file_io/unix/mktemp.c and apr/apr_file_io/win32/open.c.
>
> According to msdn FILE_FLAG_DELETE_ON_CLOSE requires
> FILE_SHARE_DELETE to permit reopening the file.  It looks
> like that's being added at line 227 in open.c:
>
>     if (apr_os_level >= APR_WIN_NT)
>         sharemode |= FILE_SHARE_DELETE;
>
> Not sure if this conditional is being satisfied, you
> might want to start by double-checking it.

Assuming apr is doing this correctly, is there
a way to open the file in Perl with FILE_SHARE_DELETE
set?  It could be that the test script's attempt
to reopen the tempfile fails because Perl's open()
isn't passing this flag to the underlying system call.

Otherwise I think we should just document this issue
and xfail some portion of the tempname tests on Win32.

--
Joe Schaefer