httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] cookies
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 03:38:55 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

[...]

>   Could not find specified socket in poll list.:

Blech.  We need to start using our own status
codes in apreq.  Borrowing apr's strerror is
worse than printing nothing at all.

>     Skipping bad NAME=VALUE pair: cookie
>     Skipping bad NAME=VALUE pair:
>     Skipping bad NAME=VALUE pair:
> until I have to kill the server.

The bug is in apreq_cookie.c's get_pair
(it's getting stuck on the '_', which isn't an alnum).
I'll have it fixed shortly, but I want to
make sure the infinite loop goes away as well.

> The problem seems to be the presence of '_' in the
> cookie name - if I use instead a name like
>    my $cookie_name = 'cookiename';
> then it works. I thought though that it was OK
> to have underscores in the cookie name?

Just about anything under the sun is a valid
cookie name.  The only restriction I know of is
that it cannot contain a token character.  We just
need to make get_pair smart enough to actually
allow this.

--
Joe Schaefer