httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Trying to test current apreq2 CVS
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:50:16 GMT
Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:

[...]

> But even without any non-zero offset seeking I didn't have much luck with
> $upload->fh, though my results are too inconsistent to make a useful report.
> Usually after something like a single read($upload->fh, $buf, 3) or
> seek($upload->fh, 0, 0) the tempfile was gone.

Ok, I've committed a few modifications to the test suite that show
a few problems with our fh() implementation. This is the reason I've
been reluctant to downplay bucket brigades, since they are a better
solution than filehandles are (file buckets don't buffer file IO, and
they always perform a seek before every file-read operation).  Unless
APR::PerlIO could be made to behave similarly, IMO maybe we're better off
implementing fh() in straight perl, by just opening $upload->tempname()
(Randy, does Win32 even let you do that)?

--
Joe Schaefer