httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] $upload->tempname on Win32
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 16:07:54 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

[...]

> +        open my $fh, "<:APR", $upload->tempname, $p or die $!;

Since this is a nicely portable solution and
should be perfectly seekable, how would folks
feel about implementing fh() like so:

  sub fh {
    my $upload = shift;
    open my $fh, "<:APR", $upload->tempname, $upload->pool or die $!;
    return $fh;
  }

(Adding a ->pool() method is straightforward enough).

The difficult request.t tests will still pass, and users
will get a seekable filehandle just like the one from apreq1.
We can just rename the current fh() implementation io(), for
the performance freaks who aren't afraid to dabble in brigades.

Thoughts?
--
Joe Schaefer