httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: [apreq-2] magic of type \\126
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:47:02 GMT
Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

[...]

> I should have mentioned - that was with the
>    #define APREQ_XS_TABLE_USE_KEY_MAGIC
> commented out. With it left in (ie, with the
> cvs version of apreq_xs_tables.h), all perl
> glue tests pass, including the upload test
> I sent along earlier today (do you want me to
> commit that?).

+1.  If you can add an appropriate conditional for
APREQ_XS_TABLE_USE_KEY_MAGIC (it requires perl 5.8.1),
that will help with 5.6.1 and 5.8.0 support.

I should also point out that this key-magic stuff
really abuses perl's v-string support to get the
desired behavior.  If all we wanted to do is let
each () work right, they key-magic stuff isn't
really necessary.  It just lets the rest of our
API DTRT in the multivalued-key case.

--
Joe Schaefer