httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: rename Apache::Cookie::Jar Apache::Jar
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:25:09 GMT
"Edward J. Sabol" <sabol@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

> > IMO brevity should carry the day, but we first need to agree before
> > asking permission to take the Apache::Jar namespace.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Not that I have any say in the matter,

No need to discount your opinion.  This is something
that affects users, not developers, so IMO it counts as
much as anyone else's.

> but Apache::Cookie::Jar has a certain aesthetic quality to its naming
> that Apache::Jar completely and utterly lacks. Coolness beats brevity
> in my book.

Ok.  Just to point out something else that reduces the
value of "brevity" here, is that the jar is usually only
going to be created once per module.  So people probably
aren't going to have to type Apache::Cookie::Jar very much.
It may just be that the poor schleps writing the all API
docs and tests are getting tired of typing it :-).

--
Joe Schaefer