httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problem use Apache::Upload
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:08:51 GMT
Markus Wichitill wrote:
> Randy Kobes wrote:
>> Perhaps the template below would illustrate your problem? In
>> here, I put in a POST_MAX of 555555, and tried uploading a
>> file larger than that - this was specified by the alias
>> /getfiles-binary-too_big in glue/perl/t/conf/extra.conf.in.
>> I then called $req->parse(), and returned
>> Apache::SERVER_ERROR unless $req->parse() was APR::SUCCESS.
>> Is this more or less what's happening? You should just be
>> able to change the /getfiles-binary-too_big alias in
>> glue/perl/t/conf/extra.conf.in from D:/test.xml (a 10 MB
>> file on my system) to whatever you want to test this; for
>> me, on Win32, these tests still pass, but perhaps this isn't
>> the same configuration as you?
>
> It passes, but crashes if I move the parse() line directly under new():

Heh, while I did get Windows' application error popup* like in my own
modified test, the test continues "successfully" after I kill Apache by
pressing OK (and it's really gone according to Process Explorer). I guess
that's because the test doesn't differentiate between a genuine 500 from
Apache and a failed connection?

* Translated back from m$-DE is says something like "The commmand in
0xdeadbeef points to memory in 0xdecafbad. The action 'written' couldn't be
performed on the memory".