httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problem use Apache::Upload
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:08:33 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Markus Wichitill <mawic@gmx.de> writes:
>>You could try adding $req->parse() before accessing the uploads. It's not
>>really documented anymore,
>
> Sorry about that, parse() should be documented

So is parse() still the recommended way of checking for upload errors? I've
tried body_status(), however that only returns 70008 (APR_TIMEUP? huh?) for
me while doing small valid uploads.

>>but seems to be still necessary for big uploads.
>
> this should never be the case, because the libapreq2 C library
> will parse the request as necessary.  If calling $req->parse()
> is somehow required for you, that's a bug.

Ok, I think I got the wrong impression that it's required because small
parameters after file uploads that are bigger than POST_MAX are cut off,
leading to confusing error messages in my application. Don't ask me why it
has helped Keith...

On Win32 however, posting a big upload > POST_MAX and then calling parse()
to get the status will crash Apache. I can reproduce that by using a 4MB
file in upload.t, setting POST_MAX=1MB and calling parse() in upload.pm.

Sorry, no test patch since my modifications to upload.t are too ugly (a copy
of the second foreach loop with a hardcoded filename basically). That
"getfiles-binary" stuff in there is so obscure that I can't figure out how
to properly add another bigger file to @names.